Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Musings

I've learned a few things from collecting sea glass over the past year or so.  They are the beginning of my "Monday Musings."  
 

 
 I love looking for sea glass.  The sound of the waves is like an old friend to me.  A lot of my memories have this sound etched into them.   
     
Occasionally, my family or a close friend will come with me when I go to look for sea glass.  One of the most important things I tell friends when they come with me the first time is to "take your time." 
 
 

Most of the sea glass I find is either brown or white and blends in really well with the sand.  It takes time to train your eye to pick out what you are there to find.
 
I guess it's important to remember this for our lives as well.  Each day is a gift and a treasure, but what you find depends on what you are looking for.  Look for the unexpected.  Be prepared to walk for a while without anything amazing happening, but learn to enjoy those times as well. 
 
And while it's always more fun to walk with a friend, learn to appreciate the solitude and quiet that comes from walking alone sometimes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment