Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Behind the Scenes

This is my second year participating in the Bead Soup Blog Party, hosted by the amazing Lori Anderson.  It's a BIG party...with about 500 people who signed up to be a part of it all.
   
Lori takes the time to pair us all up and we create a "bead soup" for our partner.  The only requirements are that you send a focal piece and a special clasp.  The rest is up to your imagination!  
  
    
This is my bead soup from last year...my partner was Cynthia (her blog is Antiquity Travelers...she has lots of great posts!)  Cynthia sent me some sea glass from Cuba and paua from New Zealand.
  
    
I was just starting to learn seed beading and my necklaces reflected this.  They are still some of my favorite pieces of jewelry! 
    
  My partner this year is Deana Hagar.  I sent her her bead soup last week, and I truly hope she likes it!
  
I can't spoil the surprise of what I sent her yet, but here's something that will get you guessing...
  
  
I'm waiting for my soup to arrive...I'm so excited!
 
You'll be able to see what I create with my soup on the date of the first reveal, March 30.  The other two reveal dates are April 6 and April 13.
 
 I was so amazed at the talent and creativity that I got to see last year...it's going to be another great party! 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to visit as many of the blogs as I can in the blog party. Can't wait to see what you've gotten in the mail from your partner and the unscrambled version of your own bead soup!

    ReplyDelete