Monday, February 4, 2013

This is the Year...

I guess I'm like a lot of people...I have struggled with weight my entire life.  And I have decided that this year will be different.
 
Not because I'm starting some fabulous diet or because I have somewhere exciting to go and I want to look great in the pictures.  But because my teenage daughter is having some minor body issues and I want to be a good example.
 
Most of the major changes I've been able to make in my life have been because of her.  With God's help, I've worked on my anger and frustration and how it comes across to my family.  I've become more conscious of what I say and how it sounds to the person hearing it.  I've learned to be more gentle with myself and not put unrealistic expectations on myself (or others). 
 
So now, since no one learns with the "do as I say, not as I do" principle, it's my turn to step up to the plate in this area.
 
I won't bore you with a running tally of what I'm eating each day, or anything like that.  But I hope that this will keep me accountable and as I have progress to report you'll celebrate with me.
 
I know this won't be an overnight change and that this process will be one I will be working on for the rest of my life.  But like anything else, you have to start somewhere and this is where my road to being healthy starts!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment