Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sand and Sea Preview

 
I'm really looking forward to being a part of two jewelry-creating blog hops...they are challenging and a great way to see how other people's vision and talents can inspire your own. 
 
This is the first blog hop for me in March (the second will be Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Hop on March 30). 
 
The challenge here is that Lisa Lodge, artist and mastermind, sent us a bead soup that either was based on sand (browns and beige) or sea (blues and greens) and we have to create something using those beads and a few of our own if we wanted. 
 
 
This is my bead soup...lots of pretty blues and greens (and even a few fish thrown in there!)
 
 
I was so excited to see these little triangle beads in my soup!  They change colors from purple to blue to green to light beige, depending on how the light hits them.  You can see the 5 mm silver daisy spacers next to them to give you an idea of how small they are.  I really want to find a way to have these steal the spotlight!
 
 
These beads have a hole drilled near one end so they will add some fun to how the design looks.
 
 
I love these green glass beads...they remind me of the waves on an overcast day. 
 
 
I'm not sure what these beads are made from, and the shapes are really different from what I usually work with so that will be a challenge.
 
 
I love these Pandora-style beads and the colors are just yummy!  I came across an artist who used these type of beads as connector beads instead of just stringing them into the design...another idea that may or may not work.
 
 
I love this clasp that Lisa sent!  I'm hoping to be able to use it as part of the design and not have it hidden away in the back. 
 
I'll be posting as I work on this piece, but you'll have to wait until March 9 to see the final design!
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment