Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Cleaning...Outside Style

I love spring and finding all the daffodils in my yard pushing up through the leaves is something I've done since I was a little girl.  My daughter decided several years ago that she's not intersted in walking the yard with me, but I still do.
 
This past weekend, the weather was so nice it would have been a shame to spend it inside, so I worked on the flower beds.  I cut off the dead wood from the hydrangeas and my lilac bush (I wasn't pruning, just getting rid of the dead wood that I missed last fall.) 
  
And I raked the leaves.
  
Because I have three hernated discs in my lower back, the last thing I'm supposed to pick up is a rake, but I just couldn't resist.  And now I'm paying for it. 
  
But I have to say it was worth it to see the beds ready for the mulch. 
  
Once we have them ready, I'll be sure to take pictures and show you all.  But until then, my chiropractor says that I have to let someone else shovel the mulch.  So I guess I'll have to sweet-talk my hubby and daughter into doing the hard work that's left!
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment