Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Musings

I have found that the fear of something is worse than actually doing it. 
  
Getting started creating jewelry was a daunting task for me.  I really had no idea what type of jewelry I wanted to create and no way to make my work stand out from the amazing crowd of jewelry designers already out there.
  
   
I started out with simple wire wrapping techniques, like the earrings above.
 
  
Then I started creating my own links and findings and added that skill to my wire wrapping techniques.
 
Then a friend showed me her collection of sea glass and told me where she went to collect it.  I almost didn't start creating my sea glass jewelry because I was afraid to jump into a new technique.
 
 
I watched countless videos of different wire wrapping techniques and decided that I needed to start somewhere and that starting was better than just sitting there.  These earrings above were one of my first sets and I was quite proud of them!
 
   
Figuring out how to have a loop at two ends of a piece of sea glass was a real challenge.  It took many times trying and re-trying, but that's how you learn best.
 
Somewhere along the way, I realized that I wasn't afraid to try new techniques anymore.  I jumped in with both feet into the beading pool...and check out these designs! 
  
 
 
Starting anything new can be scary.   But unless you take that first step, you'll never know how far you can go!



No comments:

Post a Comment