Thursday, December 13, 2012

On the 13th Day of Christmas

 On the 13th day of Christmas
My true love gave to me...
A green sea glass pendant on a white beaded necklace
 
 
 
Sometimes you just have to break the rules, and that's what I did with the necklace!  The color and shape of this piece of sea glass drew me in as I was walking the beach...and I didn't even care that it wasn't 100% jewelry grade. 
 

 
As you can see in the photo above, there are some places along the edge that are still a bit shiny and not frosted.  But I think that adds to the beauty of this piece.  I added a beaded necklace created with glass beads that reminded me of shells to create this one of a kind look.
 
 
And as I promised...here's a picture of our Christmas tree decked out with all the lights and decorations.  It makes the house seem more like Christmas now that this is done!
 
Do you have a special decoration or ornament that you always have to put out at Christmas?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment