Friday, December 14, 2012

On the 14th day of Christmas
My true love gave to me...
A fun pair of brown sea glass earrings!

 
When you think of the sights and smells of Christmas, what do you think of?  Wood burning in the fireplace...cookies baking in the stove...crisp winter mornings...the woodsy smell of pine...
   
Probably not ice cream.
 

 
But it was summertime when I created these earrings and I needed a name for them and the colors reminded me of creamsicle ice cream. 
 
These earrings aren't just for summertime, though.  They are a perfect colorful accent all year round! 
 
 
The presents are wrapped (most of them) and I'm going to try to bake cookies today.  My daughter has asked for my special oatmeal cookies and I found sugar-free chocolate morsels for my diabetic husband so I'll be in the kitchen for most of the day. 
 
What are your favorite cookies at the holidays?  I have to admit...mine are my Granny's molasses cookies.  Maybe I'll make a batch of those this week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment