Sunday, December 2, 2012

On the Third Day of Christmas

On the third day of Christmas
My true love gave to me...
A custom wire wrapped sand dollar lampwork bead bracelet
 
I started my jewelry journey with wire wrapping.  It was the best way to create pendants with my sea glass.  And it was only natural that as I started looking at the work of other artists, I would became interested in learning various wrapping techniques. 
 
 
Although simple to create, these links add visual interest that would be missing if I used something mass produced.  They give this bracelet a special touch that makes it truly one of a kind.
 

 

This bracelet is constructed of handmade lampwork sand dollar beads, small glass green beads and my handcrafted links. It's a fun bracelet, especially in the summertime.  And I used a super strong magnet instead of a clasp so that it's easier to get on and off. 
 
 
I love the way this photo turned out...I was experimenting with different techniques and props at the time.
 
I wonder what to put on sale tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment