Saturday, December 8, 2012

On the Eighth Day of Christmas

On the eighth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me...
An antique bronze sea glass bracelet
(You can view the listing here)
 
 
I collected this piece of sea glass on one of my first trips  to the ocean just to look for sea glass.  This piece is probably from a small brown bottle, because of the curve that it has. 
 
I tried using it as a pendant but it didn't lay right and kept turning.  One morning my daughter was playing with the sea glass and put this piece on her wrist...and I had an "a-ha!" moment!  Sea glass is beautiful as a necklace and earrings...why not a bracelet?
 
 
This bracelet is still one of my favorite pieces.  I had to figure out how to have a loop at both ends of the sea glass but not have the wire wrapping become the focus of the bracelet. 
 
I also created infinity links in the same type of wire (but a thicker gauge)  to help showcase the sea glass.
 
 
It's already week 2 of December...what special holiday plans do you have for this week?  We are getting our Christmas tree and decorating it. I can't wait!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment