Monday, December 17, 2012

On the 16th and 17th Days of Christmas

On the 16th and 17 days of Christmas
My true love gave to me...
Nature-inspired jewelry!
 
It never rains but it pours at my house!  Last week I almost ended up with bronchitis (and missed singing in our Christmas program at church).  Yesterday, I slipped walking up the stairs and twisted my back.  I guess it's better than falling down the stairs--I always manage to do things backwards it seems!  And everything always happens at the holidays!
 
So since, I missed posting yesterday's featured item, you have two to choose from today!  The first necklace is a copper butterfly I made by coiling copper wire and then wrapping it together with thin copper wire and black Swarovski crystals.
 
 
 I love butterflies and this simple design  showcases the beauty of a butterfly perfectly. 
 
 
The second featured necklace was inspired by the glass beads that reminded me of the jungle cats.   
 
 
I used black wire to create free-form links and to join the beads together.  It adds a bit of drama and mystery to the design. 
 
 
So, I have been relegated to the couch to rest my back for the next few days.  Now if I can just find the bell so I can ring it when I want someone to wait on me...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment